The Camp Read Association relies on donations from its members to operate and fulfill its primary mission to support the camp and the Greater Hudson Valley Council. Your support is needed and greatly appreciated!
Friends of Read
Annual donations to the "Friends of Read" campaign are requested by the end of March each year (we will however gladly accept donations anytime throughout the year). For those that have supported the Association in past years, our most sincere thanks.
The Board of Directors feels strongly that membership in the Association NOT be tied to dues payment: the only qualification for membership is your dedicated interest in Camp Read.
As such, donations may be considered a tax-deductible contribution.
How to Donate
There are several ways to donate! For your convenience, here are the FAQ's.
What's the easiest way to donate?
How else can I donate?
- You can always send a check, donate securities / stock, or donate through a donor-advised fund.
I'd like to send a check: how should I do that?
- Make check payable to GHVBSA.
- Please note "Camp Read Association" on the memo line.
- Contributions can be mailed directly to Bill Daley, 3220 Mohegan Ave., Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
- Please download the below PDF, complete, and include your copy in the envelope with your check.
How can I donate Securities / Stock?
- Gifts of securities may provide you with significant tax savings. You may deduct the fair current market value on the date the securities are transferred to the Council.
- For transfer via DTC, instruct your broker to do a free delivery to:
Westchester-Putnam Council Account at TD Ameritrade
For credit to Westchester-Putnam Council Account # 493235462 DTC#: 0188
And what about Donor-Advised Funds?
- If you would like to make a donation through a donor-advised fund please use the following information.
Charity name: Boy Scouts of America - Westchester Putnam Council
Address: PO Box 974, Mohegan Lake, NY 10547
Please Notify/Attention of: Camp Read Association
Memorials & Tributes
The Camp Read Association accepts donation for a memorial or tribute to an individual or group.
The tribute or honor can be for recognition of birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, awards, or in memory of a departed relative or friend.
We will post the information in our bi-annual Newsletter and acknowledgement letters will be sent to you and to the person being recognized or to the family (if the donation is in memoriam).